Ice Cream Layer Cake with Berries and Vanilla | Violeta Pasat
Red Tea Poached Pears http://cookingstoned.tv/recipe/red-tea-poached-pear/
I doubt there is anything more elegant than a poached pear. I just love them because, well, most fruit-based desserts are more everything else other than fruit, such as pies or cobbler (not that I don’t indulge in all that butter and sugar). But poached pears are about pears, plain and simple. I poached these in red tea only because I wanted to use something other than wine. The mulled roobios tea worked out perfectly! Spicy, rich and full of flavor… the syrup is divine; tasty on pears and your lover!
- 4 Bosc pears
- 6 Cups Water
- 6 Tablespoons Roobios Tea, loose leaf
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 20 pink Peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Vanilla Bean, halved and scraped
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 orange slices
- 1 lemon peel
- 2 Cloves, whole
- 3 allspice berries
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Creamy tomato soup with cheese tortellini! You will think this soup is made with heavy cream, but the secret is Greek yogurt! We love this simple soup!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (32 oz) container vegetable broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 (9 oz) packages fresh or frozen cheese tortellini (we use Buitoni)
Grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, for garnish, optional
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the bay leaves and crushed red pepper flakes.
2. Add the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir in fresh basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the bay leaves from the pot. Use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup (or carefully transfer soup to a blender to blend and return to the pot). Stir in the Greek yogurt until well combined. Stir in the cheese tortellini and cook on medium-low until tortellini is cooked, about 7-8 minutes. Serve warm.